In a leaked audio doing the rounds on social media, prominent Ximex Mall dealer Boss Pangolin, real name Tafadzwa Russel Murengwa, confesses that he shot his girlfriend Samantha Dzapata.
Samantha died this Friday at her sister’s home in Waterfalls, Harare, where Tafadzwa shot her from close range after he was jilted.
According to the leaked audio, Boss Pangolin says they had an on and off rocky relationship marred by cheating and physical abuse.
In an audio recording, available online, Murengwa promised to skip the country via Mt Darwin.
What he said:
- He threw away US$2000 at Ximex Mall in Harare yesterday out of frustration, to relieve stress
- Samantha recently collected a new car he bought to try win her back
- Samantha was dating a married man who lived at her place
- He recently bought groceries for Samantha’s mother
- He turned down a US Job offer in order to be with Samantha
- He recently gave her relative about R6000
- He is very sorry and would like to apologise to Samantha’s family over the death
- Samantha recently obtained a court order to keep a distance from him
- Beautiful women like Pokello could have given him another chance for at least 2 months (because of gifts he bought) but Samatha was hard to win back
Murengwa revealed that he planned to flee the country after the shooting, but police are on his trail. Listen to the audio below:
National police spokesman Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi has confirmed that Murengwa, known to friends as ‘Boss Pangolin’, had since gone on the run.
“Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) is appealing for information which may lead to the arrest of Murengwa of Glen Lorne, Harare, in connection with callous shooting and murder of his ex-lover Dzapata (28) of Waterfalls along Simon Mazorodze,” Nyathi said in a statement.