Driver: Light Duty | Europcar | Cape Town Depo
Closing Date: 20 February 2023
The purpose of this position is deliver efficient, friendly customer service; and to ensure that every renter receives a vehicle on time, that meets our quality and safety standards.
Specific Role Responsibilities
• Cleaning of vehicle interior and exterior to our high standards.
• Vehicle quality control, including identification and reporting of expired license vehicles and any other issue that does not conform to our quality standards.
• Refueling vehicles, checking tyre pressure and oil/water/other fluids after every rental.
• Delivering vehicles to customers in accordance with our procedures.
• Handling vehicle check-ins in accordance with company, quality control and claims procedures.
• Maintaining cleanliness of yard and other surrounding areas.
• Maintaining the integrity of the company by behaving ethically and safeguarding the assets and interests of both the business and our customers.
• Other duties on request.
Qualifications and Experience
• 2 years relevant driving experience
• NQF Level 4(Grade 12 or equivalent)
• Valid, unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license (at least 2 years old)
• Computer literate (basic level will suffice)
• Able to read a map.
Essential to Note: The successful candidate must be willing to work overtime/shifts/weekends when required.
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Communication skills (comfortably conversant in English/ read & write)
• Good interpersonal skills to support excellent face-to-face customer relations.
• Must be able to handle pressure and exhibit good time management skills, demonstrating a sense of urgency and commitment.
• A team player.
• Professional is all aspects of conduct, grooming (neat and presentable).
• Highly resilient in the face of adversity, long hours, customer conflict etc.
• Energetic, self-motivated
• Flexible – over peak periods, things can change minute by minute. You pick up your bag to leave at the end of a shift, there’s a crisis and you need to delay leaving so you can jump in and help.
• Driven for both individual and team goal achievement.
• Trustworthy, highly responsible, honesty and integrity in all business dealings