NEDBANK Is Recruiting: Group Risk Graduate Trainee – South Africa
• Act as a trusted adviser by building and maintaining credible relationships when engaging with stakeholders individually and in cross-functional forums (internal and external).
• Model a strong client service ethic.
• Develop and maintain relationships with university student offices and faculties, creating awareness of the Nedbank Group and promoting career opportunities within Nedbank.
• Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.• Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.•
Mapping and understanding of business processes and systems.• Improve business processes and systems by digitalizing and automation.• Understanding of software architecture.•
Analyzing cleaning, visualizing data using python and excel to generate insights from raw data.• Research, develop and implemented innovative ideas and solutions around the graduate programme, adding value to Nedbank.• Support a culture in which the value of graduate selection is understood and bought into.
• Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing the Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and by ensuring that the delivered systems, processes, services and solutions are aligned.• Share professional knowledge by providing input and guidance to the application of methodology and management information (MI) to ensure stakeholder buy-in and application.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science / BCom Information System
Minimum Experience Level
0-2 Years relevant and exposure in Software Development.0-2 Advance excel skills example (VBA).0-2 Relational database management systems (SQL).0-2 Exposure to at least one coding language (Python, Java, C++)
Technical / Professional Knowledge
Affirmative action guidelines
Applicant tracking software
Business administration and management
Client service management
Principles of project management
Resource allocation principles
Business writing skills
Planning and Organizing