South African Police Service Is Hiring: General Worker
• Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions of the post.• Be a South African Citizen.• Must have no previous criminal / departmental convictions or criminal / departmental cases pending.• Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
Additional Post Requirements:
• A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage.
• Maintaining of high level hygiene in and around the SAPS premises where routine tasks are to be performed, which may include either inner or outer parameters.• Performing routine tasks such as dusting, polishing furniture and floors, removing refuse bags.• Moping of all tiled flooring. Cleaning bathrooms, kitchenware and utensils.• Safekeeping and handling of a variety of cleaning materials.
• Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website (www.saps.gov.za) and at SAPS Police Stations) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application
• The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
• A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae as well as copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation and proof of relevantexperience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license (where required) must be submitted together with the application form.
• The copies do not have to be certified and original documentation must be produced during the selection process as requested.• Qualifications and driver’s licenses submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.• Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 (ACT NO. 103 OF 1994): as applicable to the post environment.•• Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.• The closing date for applications is 2023-03-17 at 15:30.• If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
• Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.• Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
• All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
• Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
• The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
• The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
Hand delivered applications may only be submitted at 152 Johannes Ramakhoase Street, Telkom Towers North, Pretoria. Application must be deposited into the box available at the reception area.
Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to: The Section Head: Corporate Support, (Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu / Capt SJ Matlopela), Corporate Support, South African Police Service, Private Bag X 94, Pretoria, 0001. Enquiries can be directed to Lt Col JL Shandu / Capt SJ Matlopela / W/O TB Tshabalala / SPO KK Mashiloane at telephone: (012) 397 7256 / 7240.