Closing Date: 17 March 2023
To maintain the carpentry & joinery ware and other allied assets by assembling, installing, fixing, and repairing carpentry fixtures throughout the university, undertaking carpentry & joinery jobs & reporting thereon.
• Action all maintenance call-outs relating to carpentry.
• Communicate breaks, repairs, and time frames to clients and the Supervisor.• Ensure completed jobs are signed off in accordance with SOPs requirements.• Assist the Supervisor or Management in compiling and maintaining a database of all carpentry repairs.
• Perform general building maintenance e.g.: repairs to door locks, replacement curtain rails, and minor repairs.• Assist in monitoring and following up that service schedules are adhered to by planned maintenance contractors.• Recall or redo any service work not completed to established codes and standards.
• Act as liaison between the Carpenter and Clients.
• Inspect works carried out by project-appointed contractors and other maintenance services.
• Monitor on-site spares, materials, and inventory for the carpentry discipline.
• Support the Carpenter in their work.
• Carry out regular inspections of doors, door handles, windows & window handles, etc.
• Assist the Supervisor and Management in carrying out regular condition audits of all carpentry and infrastructure within his/her area.• Assess, determine, and undertake steps to prevent possible risks.
• NQF Level 2 Qualification (Grade 10 or equivalent)
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
• High attention to detail
• Ability to perform under pressure and independent
• Active listening and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Critical and analytical skills
• Ability to assess and mitigate risks
• Collegial and emotionally intelligent
• Prior experience in the Higher Education Institution
Enquiries regarding job content: Mr. Lindokuhle Mzolo on tel: (011) 559-7238
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Ms Nozuko Mazibuko on tel. (011) 559-3666 (HCM Business Partner)