Closing Date: 02 May 2023
Purpose of Job
To provide technical leadership in maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and treasury services in order to meet legislative requirements and support APRM’s operations
• Provides technical assistance in the preparation and implementation of the programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan
• Provides support in preparation and development reports, budget and work programmes related to the respective area and the functioning of the Division
• Provides support in budget preparation for the Division/Unit in accordance with relevant frameworks.
• Supports the division in ensuring that the statutory financial statements and other financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
• Supports the division towards effective and timely preparation and implementation of the year-end and monthly financial closure process and timetable and lead the coordination between the organization and relevant offices.
• Prepares key financial reconciliations, journal entries and implement appropriate policies, systems, procedures and practices to ensure the integrity of the general ledger.• Ensures that IPSAS is properly implemented in the recording and reporting of financial transactions, statements and other reports.• Ensures timely completion of bank reconciliations within the allocated month end and year end cut off dates• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct expenditure items have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.• Works closely with the Senior Finance Officer in preparation for the annual audit.
• Obtains authorization and process payments within 30 days from receipt of an invoice.
• Ensures that all payments are accurate and paid timeously
• Manages the issuance of receipts for all money received by the APRM.
• Ensures all financial documentation is filed according to the APRM protocols on the Safeguarding of Accounting Records.
• Compiles monthly and quarterly expenditure reports for all cost centres and submit information to the Senior Finance Officer.
• Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities, where possible.
• Supports the division in processing debt recoveries and compile the debtor reports for review by the Senior Finance Officer.
• Ensures that all transactions are supported by authentic and verifiable source documents indicating the approved accounting allocation
• Requests bank statements and reconcile with ledger accounts.
• Responds to inquiries related to finance issues to various stakeholders.
• Maintains the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records
• Supports internal and external auditors for audit of the AU Financial Reports and records and ensures implementation of audit recommendations.
• Performs any other duties as assigned
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Master’s degree in Finance Management, or Accounting, or Commerce with 2 years’ progressive work experience in budgeting, accounting and financial management.• A professional qualification in accounting such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent from a recognized Institution will be and added advantage.• Experience in working on ERP-SAP
• Knowledge of the finance standard practices, procedures and technicalities such as IPSAS and IFRS
• Experience in working on ERP-SAP
• Knowledge of finance standard practices, procedures and technicalities
• Ability to interpret and implement financial rules and policies
• Analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Computer skills:
• Communication skills report writing and presentation skills
• Planning, organizing and coordination skills
• Ability to work with a diverse team
..Teamwork and Collaboration
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than May 2, 2023.
Requisition ID: 1652