Africa Union Is Hiring:Documentalist/Librarian (APRM) – Midrand, South Africa
Closing Date: 02 May 2023
Purpose of Job
To keep custody of all documents, records, correspondences and archives and provide appropriate documentation services to APRM Structures and Stakeholders Member States when required.
To provide an array of documentation services using high level software application skills in the documentation production/management suite of applications and ensure documentation complies with appropriate corporate, operational and safety standards and requirements of the AU.
• Receives, and keeps custody of all records, correspondences and documents of the APRM in an easily accessible manner.
• Provides relevant and required documentation services during meetings and make documents easily available.
• Ensures provision of appropriate and up-to-date information on the APRM through econference system or conference web and assist APRM Structures and Stakeholders in optimal utilization of the documentation facilities and services
• Ensures secretarial supports are provided for meetings.
• Facilitates and oversees the translation of all documents as required in all AU working languages.
• Follows up post conference related issues and provides support to ensure that necessary action have
• Helps identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement appropriate hardware and software for digital preservation and digitization.
• Assists in infrastructure development, planning and support for long-term access to the digital repository/archive
• Checks, receives, sorts and distributes correspondence, reports and other material and transmit correspondence, documents.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
• Under supervision, provide high quality documentation and services.
• Registers, edits, maintains, distributes and control a range of documentation/information which are fit for purpose, distributed appropriately.
• Uses multiple software packages (including Adobe Acrobat Professional and MS Word) under limited direction.
• Ensures compliance with corporate policies, standards, rules or procedures relating to document management and control.
• Exercises judgement to interpret appropriate requirements for amending documentation.
• Plans and schedules workload to meet key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Supports other areas of Documentation and Records Management as required.
• Maintains an effective working relationship with other APRM staff to ensure that there is effective coordination of all activities in support of secretariat objectives
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other team members, and immediate supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
Bachelor’s degree in information Management, Library Science, Documentation, Archiving, or a closely related discipline and at least two (2) years professional experience in records management preferably in an international organization.
Sound knowledge of African Union and APRM legal instruments, systems and processes and experience working within International and/or multilateral organizations will be an added advantage.
• Be familiar with the purpose and objectives of the APRM process as a whole and specifically with the thematic areas of APRM review;
• Demonstrate ability for team work and ability to work in multi-cultural environments;
• Have a full knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and main Microsoft Office applications.
• Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and drafting ability.
• Be familiar with digital media and extremely flexible to changing technology
• be able to market information to a desired audience
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than May 2, 2023.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1653