Closing Date: 31 March 2023
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the position is to ensure daily checks of raw materials and product quality to
ensure that products meet specifications as well as legislation requirements.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Qualification: Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
• Computer literate: Microsoft Office
• Animal Feed mill experience will be advantageous.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform laboratory tests and analysis according to procedure.
• Prepare and measure samples/specimens according to procedure.
• Perform daily Laboratory equipment calibrations and verifications.
• Perform daily quality control checks according to procedure.
• Ensure all QC paperwork is completed accurately and in full.
• Interpret results based on results and findings.
• Adhere to correct procedures and policies.
• Maintain and track results.
• Maintain cleanliness and orderliness in the lab
• Perform administrative duties accompanied with all analysis.
• Sampling from feed bins and trucks.
• Engaging the Weighbridge and Production control room on raw materials quality and quality of feed produced.
•Initiate investigations of non-conforming products / Report any deviations to Supervisor /
• Take preventative and corrective action when necessary.
• Management of retention store samples and documentation.
• Completing of daily control sheets and registers as applicable for the job function.
• Communication with internal customer and management regarding raw material, in-process
and finish product samples.
•Ensure cleaning equipment is in place in allocated areas.
• Ensure that in-process cleaning is always adhered you around the loading and work area.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are adhered to.
• Clean working area continuously.
• No unnecessary items lying around.
• Identify and report any health and safety related issues.
• Wear appropriate protective equipment and clothing.
• Operate according to company standards and safety guidelines.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES• Must be able to work shifts.• Must be able to work overtime to meet business requirements.• Good communication skills (Verbal and written)• Excellent attention to detail.• Ability to keep detailed records.• Research and analytical skills.• Mathematic and measurement skills.• Experience working with lab equipment.• Ability to work in noisy environment.• Must be able to work at heights.• Able to work in fast paced / high pressure environment