Nice Group South Africa (Pty) Ltd Is Hiring: Driver / Warehouse Assistant- East Rand
Closing Date: Not Specified
Nice Group South Africa (Pty) LtdDriver / Warehouse Assistant: East Rand BranchIntroductionTo provide an effective and efficient driver and warehouse support service to the branch relating to picking, loading, delivery and receiving of stock.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Performance areas:
To ensure the effective and efficient picking, loading, delivery and receiving stock
- Be an ambassador for Nice Group South Africa (Pty) Ltd. Act at all times in a professional manner, which is ethical and complies with the company’s values and brand image.
- Pick and pack stock for deliveries and ensure that the stock is double checked by a second person and signed off according to procedures and practices.
- Load stock into delivery vehicles and ensure that procedures are adhered to 100%.
- Double check invoice and stock against picking slip before leaving the premises.
- Ensure that all the relevant paperwork for the delivery orders are with you.
- When going out on deliveries, ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and complies with the vehicle weight requirements.
- Ensure that customers print their name & sign the relevant documents when delivering their stock.
- Ensure that payments received are correct and documented on the relevant paperwork (i.e. invoice or delivery note) and hand these documents over to the sales assistant immediately upon your return to the office.
- When receiving stock back from customers on delivery (i.e. repairs, faulty stock returned for credit) ensure that the stock is accompanied by supporting documents and that these are handed over to the relevant departments on return to the office.
- Ensure that the correct stock and quantities are dispatched and that the relevant paperwork is signed.
- Comply with the Memorandum of Issuing of goods dated 25 September 2018.
- Plan, organise and schedule pro-actively deliveries out of town with the Warehouse Supervisor. Overtime will not be paid due to lack of ineffective planning and organising. Overtime must be approved by the Branch Manager (Example: Deliveries for Wednesdays and Thursdays to Potchefstroom and Klerksdorp must be picked Monday or Tuesday and ready to leave office for delivery at 08h00). Overtime will not be paid to and employee if he/she procrastinate the loading of the delivery truck or when he dawdles around or make slow progress to load the delivery truck or dragging feet.
To assist with general warehouse/branch duties when not delivering stock
- Comply100% with company policies, procedures, standards, practices and rules,
- Ensure to familiarise yourself with the aforementioned policies, procedures, standards, practices and rules.
- Ensure that the stores area is kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Assist in monthly stock takes and adhere 100% to company procedures.
- Assist in regular cycle counts and adhere 100% to company procedures.
- Rotate stock according to FIFO (First-In-First Out) principle.
- To perform any other task or duties within the ambit of your job for example when an employee is ill or when required operationally for example assisting with stock take, assisting in stores or any other task within the branch.
To comply 100% to the company policies, procedures and rules pertaining to the use of a company vehicle
- The employee may not use the delivery truck for personal use.
- The employee is to ensure that the vehicle is parked at the premises of the company and locked away safely.
- The employee shall be responsible for any damages, traffic fines or theft whilst in possession of the vehicle of the employer and will be obliged to report any such incident immediately.
- Any accident that occurs whilst the employee is the driver of a company vehicle, whether the accident is the employee’s fault or not – it will be the employee’s responsibility to report the accident within 24 hours of it occurring, to the police and immediately to his Supervisor and/or Brach Manager who will be required to liaise with head office to complete the necessary insurance forms for our company.
- The employee is to take proper care of the company vehicle whilst in his possession and treat and respect it as if it is his own property.
- The employee is to ensure that the vehicle is clean and tidy at all times.
- The employee is to perform a vehicle inspection before driving the vehicle (example check license disk expire date and tick off inspection list and hand over to Supervisor).
- The employee must report immediately to his Supervisor and or Manager, should anything suggest there are any potential malfunctions / defects or fault that may create potential health and safety issues.
- Do not use a phone or text while driving a company vehicle. Talking on a cellular only permitted when a company vehicle has a hands free kit.
- The company vehicle is fitted with a tracking system for security and company monitoring purposes. If an employee dwells off the route to do private shopping or giving someone a lift etc., disciplinary action will be taken.
- Obey traffic laws and be courteous toward other drivers.
- Document company driving expenses and keep a log book.
- Monitor petrol, tire pressure, and all fluid levels.
- Report any damage or problems to your assigned company vehicle immediately to your Branch Manager.
- Report changes to your driver privileges, such as driver’s license suspension or any criminal offence immediately to your Supervisor and/or Branch Manager.
- Always lock the company vehicle and park the company vehicle in a safe area when on route to customers.
- Bring vehicle to scheduled maintenance appointments.
- Do not drive while intoxicated fatigue, or on medication that affects your driving ability.
- Do not smoke in any company vehicle.
- Do not lease, sell, or lend a company vehicle.
- Do not allow unauthorized drivers to use a company vehicle.
- Do not transport unauthorised passengers in a company vehicle.
- Only authorised employees with a valid drivers’ license may drive a company vehicle.
- Only one employee allowed driving a delivery truck during the Covid-19 period. Should any person need to drive in the vehicle it will only be allowed if social distancing of 1.5 meters is kept and face masks are worn. Non-compliance will lead to disciplinary action.
Desired Experience & Qualification
NQF 4 – Matric
3 to 5 years’ experience as a Driver in the sales and warehouse environment. Experience in the gate and manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
Ability to work under stress
Ability to work independently
Must be willing to work weekdays, weekends and Public Holidays, if and when required or overtime by agreement.
To perform ad-hoc duties within the ambit of the job.
Credit and Criminal Clear
Package & Remuneration