Closing Date: 11 April 2023
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Safely and accurately issuing stores and stock (including diesel) to internal mine customers. Ensures that all documentation and information is captured, reconciled, and managed according to standard operating procedures.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Contributes to cost efficiencies.
- Demonstrates budget and cost awareness and proactively identifies and implements cost saving initiative within the issuing function.
- Identifies and escalates potential risks that could result in increased costs.
- Follows issuing standard operating procedures and processes to mitigate risk of financial loss.
Internal Business Process Perspective:
Issues Stock and Diesel
- Issues goods and stock according to established issuing procedures.
- Checks and manages all relevant documentation including:
· Bin cards;
· Internal stock requisition (Pick slip)
· Internal stock delivery note
· Diesel delivery notes
- Ensures the quality of issued goods and supplies by checking for defects and damages.
- Analyses and reports on issued stock variances.
- Ensures that stores and equipment are safely issued in line with company processes and relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Performs regular spot checks to ensure that stocks levels are correct.
- Manages own performance in terms of agreed KPA/KPI’s.
- Identifies gaps in own development and creates and reviews development plans to increase performance and ensure personal development.
- Works to master skills and competencies within own role to ensure personal development and performance.
Contributes to team
- Contributes to the attainment of team and organisational goals by demonstrating team commitment and collaboration.
- Values and respects team members and others within the organisation.
- Demonstrates inclusivity and values diversity.
- Shares knowledge and best practice that will benefit the team.
Customer Relations Management
- Management of customer expectations, adherence to defined performance standards, customer requirements and the effective delivery of warehouse services to the business.
- Meeting the logistics functions performance in terms of agreed KPA/KPI’s.
- Driving customer satisfaction throughout the provision of warehouse services.
- Building relationship across the organization by sharing business information, knowledge, and expertise.
Stakeholder engagement and management
- Negotiates with internal and external stakeholders to promote the business and service objectives of the company.
- Ensures that the needs of organisational stakeholders are prioritised and managed including:
Mine colleagues and employees.
- Works with management, organization officials and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities or resolve problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
· Matric (Grade 12)
· Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook,
· Systems (Sage, JD Edward, SAP)
· Valid forklift license (Will be an advantage)
· Valid driver’s license
· Working on a Fuel Management System (will be an advantage)
· Certificate in Purchasing Management (NQF Level 4) (Will be an advantage)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· 2 years’ experience as issuing clerk within a mining environment.
· Experience with issuing of goods, receiving and issuing diesel.
· Professional, excellent verbal and written English communication.
· Experience in a mining environment would be advantageous.
· Working Standby
· A good communicator
· Pride in accomplishment
· Accountable and responsible
· Meticulous in work presentation
· Driven and enthusiastic
· Safety oriented
· Business focus
· Social and environmental conscious
· Detail oriented
· Zero tolerance for errors
· Work management
· Customer / client focus
· Team orientation
Applicants who meet the key requirements of the job must apply via the Tshipi website: www.tshipi.co.za, click on Opportunities, click on the relevant vacancy and apply, on or before 11 April 2023.
Please also make sure that you use Chrome as your browser when applying for the position