Closing Date: 31 May 2023
Rumdel Construction invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 / 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards Civil Engineering qualifications.
Bursaries will be awarded based on the following main criteria: academic record, leadership, initiative and business acumen.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, stationery and accommodation.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to undertake Vacation Work at Rumdel Cape during the June to July and December to January University holidays. This will also students to gain practical on-site experience, needed to complete their degree qualification.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to enter into a service/ work-back contract, whereby they will work for Rumdel Cape for 1 year for each year of funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen and resident
- You must have a valid South African ID Card or ID Book
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards a Civil Engineering qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a good academic record
- You must have strong leadership abilities
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Reference letter from your school and/or tertiary institution (signed and displaying referees contact details)
- Motivational letter to support your application
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Rumdel Cape Bursary” in the email subject line).