x6 Agriculturalist interns wanted at South African Farmers Development Association
The South African Farmers Development Association (SAFDA) invites recent graduates to apply for the vacant posts of Agriculturalist interns x6 posts.
The role of an Agriculturalist Intern
This role provides support to the Grower Development Division under FPSU and assist with grower support, infields, SAFDA Umthombo, loans monitoring, farm inputs reps etc.
Key Performance Areas
- Support FPSU managers and team with grower data base updates
- Support FPSU managers and team with ratoon managements, reestablishments and harvesting plans.
- Assist in marketing of FPSU services (machinery and equipment’s, inputs, and logistics)
- Assist FPSU manager and team in coordinating grower trainings, workshops, field days and grower days.
- Assist team in grower support by visiting farmers and resource centers attending to grower needs and request.
- Assist team in ensuring vibrancy and sustainability of grower structures.
- Assist team in ensuring growers are kept informed of SAFDA’s and industry matters.
- Assist team in grower financial support by monitoring loan repayments and provide POE’s, initiate and follow-up loan/grant application etc.
- Assist team in cases of disaster in gathering information in cases of disaster and monitor payments to qualifying growers.
- Provide support to FPSU managers in daily administrative aspects of FPSU’s.
- Manage the stationary requirements for the GD team.
Requirements for the job
- 3- year Diploma or Degree in Agriculture, Extension, or any relevant qualification in Agriculture
- Computer proficiency – MS word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Exceptional people skills
- Pro-active and motivated
- Be able to manage project from inception to completion.
- Be orderly and Trustworthy.
- Report writing skill.
Submit your motivation and CV to [email protected] clearly demonstrating your suitability for the job and position you applying for.
Closing date for the applications is Friday, 28th April 2023 at 12:00. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates who will be contacted within one week of the closing date.
VIEW ADVERT PDF FILE BELOW: