University Of Free State Is Hiring: Team Leader (post level 18) x2 -South Africa
Internal Advert: Only workers from the Service Provider, Cherangani and Mamello Cleaning Service, who are stationed at the UFS South Campus will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Hard copy applications may be submitted at:
- The University of the Free State, George du Toit Building, Talent Acquisition Office 3rd Floor, Room N331
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- The completed application pack as distributed or available at the George du Toit Building, Talent Acquisition Office 3rd Floor, Room N331
Duties and responsibilities
• Act as stand-in for Housekeeping Managers, manage and administer required tasks.
- Manage and administer extra hygiene and deep cleaning tasks in appointed cluster.
- Supervise staff daily and report back to Housekeeping Manager.
- Attend weekly meetings with Housekeeping Manager.
- Report maintenance issues of Day Residence/On-Campus Residence/Senior Flats to Housekeeping Manager.
- Implement corrective actions after inspections, audit reports and hygiene swabs.
- Manage and administer service delivery in Day Residence/On-Campus Residences/ Senior Flats and ensure high standards of hygiene at all times.
- Conduct weekly inspections in Day Residence/On-Campus Residences/ Senior Flats.
- Report maintenance, pest control issues and faulty firefighting equipment in Day Residence/On-Campus Residences/ Senior Flats to Housekeeping Manager.
- Conduct inventory count, as scheduled, and report misuse of furniture to Housekeeping Manager.
Inherent Job Requirements
• Relevant experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
• Relevant management skills.
- People skills.
Key Competencies Required:
- Business Acumen
- Results Orientated
- Strategic Thinking
- Building Coalitions
Please ensure all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
*Certified copies must not be older than 6 months
- The completed application pack as distributed or available at the George du Toit Building, Talent Acquisition Office 3rd Floor, Room N331.
Assumption of duties:
01 July 2023
05 May 2023
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9848 or email at [email protected] or [email protected]. Additionally, kindly contact 051 401 9814 /2979 /9810 /9813 for assistance.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid / primary health scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.