CLOSING DATE: NOT SPECIFIED
Ensure proper control and housekeeping of cages. Ensure customer service is of the highest standard and that losses to the company are kept to a minimum.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Opening and closing of cage gates.
• Opening and closing of roller doors.
• Ensure all loads are handed over to transport on time.
• Ensure proper control of cages and keys at all times.
• Ensure that all over picks/cross picks are removed out of the cages.
• Ensure proper communication with Wave Clerks to close loads, making sure loading slots are adhered to.
• Ensure correct use of equipment and to timeously report any faults/defects.
• Handle goods with care to minimize damages.
• To work within any operating area as determined by Management and needs of the business.
• Perform tasks according to standard operating procedures.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Management.
• Housekeeping daily.
• Grade 12 / Matric – Essential
• Relationships with others
• Customer service
• Health and safety
• Job performance
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members
• Good problem solver
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• WMOS experience and knowledge
• Ability to work within a rapidly changing environment
• Good written and communication skills
• Ability to enforce health and safety procedures
• Working knowledge of packaging and warehousing methods
• Ability to read, understand and follow instructions
• Ability to count accurately and to perform simple math calculations
• Experience in warehousing / logistics / FMCG environment
• Ability to work under pressure
English – verbal and written.