CLOSING DATE: NOT SPECIFIED
To minimize stock losses and to maintain Inventory Record Accuracy, by verifying information with the physical characteristics of the product and to accurately record the number of pallets per load received using a manual blind checklist as per training, whilst maintaining quality by ensuring no damaged, wet, dirty , broken pallets or expired stock will be offloaded or received and report to the supervisor.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• To contribute to a productive working environment.
• To work within any operating area as determined by management and needs of the business
• The ability to identify mistakes and fix them (report to shift supervisor)
• Perform duties as per the Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedure for the job
• Perform administrative tasks in line with SOP
• Operate with integrity & ethical values, whilst paying attention to detail
• Ensure correct use of equipment and to timeously report any faults/defects
• Report and record any non-conformity with regards to customer merchandise & unsafe acts
• Responsible for picking reservation and ensuring that all materials has be moved to production.
• Handle goods with care to minimize damages
• Perform stock count preparation and also participate in stock counting
• Daily cycle count of running material to identify and fix discrepancies
• Daily temperature recording and reporting of any temp spec defects to supervisor
• Ensuring that the quality and quantity of packaging material returned from production is correct
• Maintain high level of hygiene of work area
• Ensuring that half pallets are always picked and FIFO or FEFO is followed when picking reservation
• To ensure full compliance and implementation to the Global BRC standards
• Perform other ad-hoc duties as and when required
• Abide by Health, Safety & Risk procedures
• Food Safety Management
• Grade 12 / Matric – Essential
• Being results oriented
• Leveraging strengths
• Providing purpose
• Having and creating trust
• Focusing on clear priorities
• Being positive about challenges, uncertainty, and change
Three (3) years’ experience in a similar role and or environment
English – verbal and written.
At least 1 other language