CLOSING DATE: NOT SPECIFIED
Mr Price Home is on the hunt for a Junior Planner to join our division.
Is that you?
As part of our team, we’ll rely on your statistical savvy to formulate and manage the measurable aspects of product procurement. Basically – you help decide what fashionable homeware items go into our customer’s households across SA. To do this, we need you to work with your Buying counterpart to bring in the right goods, in the right amount, all at the right time.
The challenge: making it happen in line with the strategy, the brand and a budget.
If you enjoy:
Examining information, interpreting data, developing strategies, collaborating on and making decisions, showing composure under pressure, embracing change, managing tasks, seizing opportunities, relationship management then you should keep reading!
Reporting into a Senior Planner, you will be responsible for managing a particular department’s sub-categories within the division. This role requires someone who enjoys developing a strong understanding of our product and our customer. You will use this knowledge to partner closely with your Buying counterpart to develop a product strategy that will ensure the department attains maximum profitability. Once a product strategy is determined you will work closely with your team of to ensure it is executed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
your key responsibilities
- Collaboratively developing a strategy for your category in line with the divisional strategy for the season
- Completing detailed analysis of your category’s performance during and post season and providing key insights and suggestions to your Buying counterpart for the current and future seasons
- Reacting to opportunities or possible risks in the market to either maximize sales or reduce loss in sales
- Responsibility for controlling the budget for their respective category
- Development of key relationships with both stakeholders internal and external
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Commerce
- 2-3 years relevant Merchandise Planning / Retail Planning experience
- Homeware experience advantageous
- Demand and stock management experience
- Relevant experience on a planning system and replenishment system eg DNF
- Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advanced)