CLOSING DATE: 06 JULY 2023
CapeNature Conservation seeks to appoint a dynamic person to assist with administration,
tourism management, and infrastructure maintenance at the Vrolijkheid Nature
- Assist with office administrative duties.
- Vehicle fleet management and administration.
- Assist with the control and management of infrastructure, assets, and inventory.
- Assist with procurement.
- Adherence to Occupational Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
- Monthly timesheet completion of production.
- Provide and promote efficient and friendly customer service.
- Assist in the management of tourism infrastructure.
- Assist with management and supervision of EPWP staff.
Perform conservation operations
- Assist with the implementation of the Annual Plan of Operations, (Nature Reserve
- operational management).
- Assist with firefighting operations.
- Assist in the maintenance of gardens and general terrain.
- Transportation of staff/equipment.
Infrastructure and Equipment
- Assist in the management and maintenance of all infrastructure.
- Assist with maintenance and service of facilities.
- Maintain vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain tools.
- Plumbing and electrical faults repairs.
- Welding and carpentry.
- Brick laying, painting and plastering.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12
- At least one year of job-related experience.
- A valid code B driver’s license.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Internet use).
- No criminal record.
- Willingness to work weekend shifts and irregular hours.
- Physical ability to perform conservation assistant duties.
- Knowledge and experience in working in administration, tourism, and maintenance of
- Infrastructure & equipment.
- Ability to function independently and within a team.
Driver’s license at least two years old from the date of issue.
Experience in tool maintenance accredited certificates.
Power-tool maintenance experience.