CLOSING DATE: NOT SPECIFIED
The purpose of the recruitment specialist is to find suitable applicants for available positions within the organisation. They do this by posting listings for open positions, attending local job fairs and creating talent pools. Once they find suitable applicants, they screen and interview them to determine if they are a good fit for the role and company. The role is also responsible for building and maintaining business partner relationships with hiring managers and other stakeholders. First class customer service is paramount to this role.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with active and passive candidates to build a network of professionals
- Master advanced recruiting strategies to identify and attract candidates
- Gather business leads and candidate referrals to grow business and improve the Scheme
- Liaising with internal departments to determine recruitment needs.
- Determining selection criteria, hiring profiles, and job requirements for vacant positions.
- Managing hiring processes via electronic Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Evaluating applications and screening candidates via calls or emails, as well as facilitating pre-interview assessments.
- Compiling interview questions and conducting in-person or video call interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Preparing hiring forecasts as part of the company’s strategic planning.
- Documenting processes and fostering good relationships with potential candidates and past applicants.
- Developing hiring strategies and procedures in line with industry trends, as well as keeping informed of advancements in the field.
- Lead the full spectrum of recruitment activities from initial job identification to initial on-boarding of new employee.
- Work with individual recruiting managers to define recruitment needs in the context of staffing plans; develop clear job profiles and recruitment plans; and keep recruiting managers and applicants informed.
- Proactively partner with leadership across the portfolio to determine hiring requirements and develop sourcing and acquisition strategies which include exploring talent partner relationships, tapping into alumni programs, consulting organizations, campus placement drives and other innovative sources.
- Understand resource requirements for thematic areas, design appropriate job profiles, identify the appropriate talent acquisition strategy, maintain an extensive database with appropriate metrics to track and monitor requirements in a timely manner.
- Research and assist in the development of shared ownership recruitment processes to achieve improvements with priority organizational concerns
- Create a positive candidate and hiring manager experience through the full cycle of interviews, offer, acceptance, and beyond.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience as a talent acquisition specialist, or similar.
- Experienced recruiter with a track record of volume recruitment at management level e.g. in a recruitment role or large scale start up
- Personnel Administration knowledge will be advantageous;
- Microsoft Office with strong focus on Excel;
English – verbal and written