CLOSING DATE: NOT SPECIFIED
Main purpose / objective of the position:
Complete daily/monthly utility municipal accounts in a driven manner that ensures the delivery of high effective and comprehensive utility management services to our Clients in support of the overall success of the department and Company.
Role Objectives \ Responsibilities
- Daily accurate capturing and validation of municipal invoices
- Requesting all outstanding municipal invoices from various municipalities
- Ensuring that all municipal invoices are VAT compliant
- Highlight errors on Municipal bills and report to various Utilities teams
- Handling all disconnections until finalized
- Reconciliation of Municipal accounts and on re-billing of municipal invoices
- Adhere to utilities procedures and compliance within various Portfolio’s
- Meeting the Workflow expectations as per the SLA
- To attend to various Adhoc duties from management and assist auditors prompty
- To pay all municipal accounts before due dates in order to eliminate interest charges and disconnections
- Filing to be done daily/weekly and scanning of all municipal accounts
Experience / Education:
Minimum of Grade 12 with Accountancy subject or equivalent qualification or 2 years’ experience in municipal accounting / training eg. Associate Accounting Technician as well as 2 years relevant experience.
Computer literacy : MS Office, Excel, Word, Knowledge of SAP, MDA will be an advantage. Administration. Time Management.
- Aptitude for figures and financial skills
- Processing and payment of municipal invoices
- Adequate knowledge of policies and procedures relevant to role
- Legislation and regulations with regards to municipal payments
- Linking accounts and downloading accounts from various websites
Accuracy. Communication. Systematic Thinking. Methodical. Tolerance for routine. Drive and productivity. Teamwork and Co-operation. Customer and Quality Focus.
Major drivers of work volume:
Sourcing of all Municipal accounts before the due dates, payments, re-conciliations on accounts and constantly resolving queries at councils, year closures of Lanldords.
Interface / relationships with:
Internal: Municipalities, Financial Managers, Utilities Departments, Meter Reading Companies, Operational & Portfolio Managers. Internal Auditors
External: Municipalities, External Auditors