Sasol is a global integrated chemicals and energy company with a 70-year heritage. Through our talented people, we use our expertise and selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, manufacture and market chemical and energy products globally. When you join Team Sasol, you are joining a company that puts people at the center of everything we do. Sasol invests in its employees along every stage of the career path and offers development opportunities to help you cultivate your career in a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
28 September 2023
EMI: Sasol Mining – Bosjesspruit Colliery
Purpose of Job
Management of the engineering maintenance processes within the appointed area of responsibility to enable various mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM. Carries a 2.9.2 legal appointment for the mine.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
Safe Production – Manage and carry out engineering and maintenance strategies / overhaul plans on a day to day basis that ensure that departments KPI’s are met – deliver maintenance, if and when to replace / repair equipment
- Maintenance cost vs R/t in appointed area Maintenance budget – actual vs. budget
- Availability of Equipment Downtime / shift / MTTF /MTTR (infrastructure and inspection equipment)
- Adherence to Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs. actual • Implements operational projects, ensures engineering compliance, develops and implements engineering Standard Operating Procedures (SOP in appointed area of responsibility.
- Ensures adherence to Engineering principles and legislation.
- Compliance to engineering governance bodies (standardization committees) SOP / COP implementation and adherence
- Assess economics / engineering viability of no major engineering business cases and provides specific, inspection expertise and coaching
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) • % delivery against OE initiatives
- Carry out condition monitoring programs in appointed area of responsibility. Compliance to Condition monitoring program schedules.
- Failure trend analysis and root cause elimination
- Execution of Predictive Maintenance recommendations (backlog)
- Safe Production – Support departments to achieve set targets by coordinating planning within appointed area of responsibility.
- Rand per ton (R/t, Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift) Volumes vs. monthly TQF (Including Quality
- Finance – Control costs to ensure production volumes are achieved within budget. Delivery against budget and reporting calendar vs. target
- SHE – Ensure best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain required RCR.
- SHE compliance rates vs. targets (especially major findings, % outstanding actions on findings) Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR • Recruitment, training, coaching and career development
- Vacancy rates vs. Staff Establishment (vacancies incl. Absence due to TSD / PSD, AWOP, Successors for critical positions)
- Key role turnover rate vs. industry average, absenteeism, employee engagement and enablement score (%, Tons/man/year, Monthly bonus targets) • Training days for department Planned Task observations
High School / School Diploma or similar in Mathematics & Science
BTech University Bachelors Degree (South Africa) in Engineering
Required Trade Qualification
A valid Trade Test Certificate (Electro Mechanic)
Experience: 8+ relevant years
C_Blasting Certificate (Underground)
PM_Government Certificate of Competence (GCC) or equivalent as per region of operation
C_Gas Testing Certificate
Behavioural (BC) |Technical (TC) |Leadership (LC)
TC_Analyse Alternatives and Recommend Solutions
TC_Mining Equipment Efficiency
TC_Troubleshoots Technical Issues
TC_SHE Policies, Procedures and Standards
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for a better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and is the key to our growth and success.
Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and people with disabilities according to Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan. This includes reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.