CLOSING DATE : NOT SPECIFIED
Number of positions: 1
Function and Business Unit: Infrastructure – ITS
Description of the role and purpose of the job: The Service Desk Analyst is the first point of contact for user who call the IT Service Desk. Providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Analyst answers incoming calls, documents all incidents and requests information in the service management system. The Service Desk Analyst uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to provide support in a timely fashion.
· Understanding of KPMG business pressures and the desire to ensure that tickets raised are effectively and efficiently managed and resolved to ensure staff are not impeded in their delivery of services to clients and KPMG through:
o Managing and prioritising incoming requests to the Service Desk, via different channels, and ensure timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
o Effectively monitor the status of incidents reported, escalating and updating the team as necessary to ensure interruptions to service are resolved in a timely and efficient manner to agreed SLA’s.
o Manage resolution of hardware and software related requests and incidents.
o Handle and communicate unexpected application and infrastructure outages using IT tools and effective communicating with end users.
o Interfaces with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy, and efficiency to promote a positive image of the department.
· Perform system installation, configuration and patch management.
· Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
· Track and analyse trends in Help Desk requests to anticipate potential problems and provide and document proactive resolutions to Service Delivery Manager.
· Identify, recommend and participate in the development of end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
· Work with IT training and IT Service Delivery Manager to develop and communicate application/system usage guides and FAQs for end users
· Perform end-user satisfaction surveys and develop action plans with the IT Service Delivery Manager to address areas needing improvement
· Leverage service desk best practices and process frameworks, such as ITIL, to drive continual process improvement
· Promote automation, self-service tools and the knowledge base as mechanisms to improve end-user satisfaction and reduce costs
· IT Equipment stock managements
· IT Equipment office upgrades
· Participate in monthly stock take processes
Skills and attributes required for the role:
Required experience in IT Support management.
Ability to contribute to a high- performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realise value
Experience in working with large teams
Desire to work in an information systems environment
Knowledge of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) system preferably Service Now
Good problem-solving skills
ITIL Certification(s) is beneficial
· Excellent client and issue resolution focus
· Ability to deal with conflict
· Extremely high level of confidentially and integrity
· Able to maintain a friendly, professional manner when liaising with clients, even in challenging situations
· Ability to multi-task
· The ability to build collaborative relationship with good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to colleagues with differing levels of expertise and skills while championing inclusion and diversity
· The ability to work well under pressure and to perform to deadlines
· Team player who is self-aware
· Strong organisation skills; a self-starter with initiative, ability to foster innovation and a common sense approach to problem solving
· Sound decision making ability with the ability to consult where needed
· Focus on continuous improvement within the ITS function while advancing an ethical environment
· High level of attention to detail and a desire to drive quality
· The ability to work unsupervised
Minimum requirements to apply for the role (including qualifications and experience):
· At least 1 year relevant experience IT Support management