CLOSING DATE : NOT SPECIFIED
Warehouse Leader (Bloemfontein)
Requisition Number EMEA10906
Employment Type Full-time
What Is It Like To Work at Zimmer Biomet
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
Zimmer Biomet Offers You An Exciting Position With Good Career Prospects in a Fast-growing International Business, And a Competitive Remuneration Package
Possibility to grow, develop, and be promoted within a Team
Friendly, warm and creative atmosphere
Healthy, inspiring, and international work environment
Ongoing coaching and talent development
Access to future career opportunities
Hybrid work model
Competitive reward packages
Social and CSR events
What You Can Expect
Effectively manage, streamline and safeguard all warehouse operations and deliveries to
customers within South Africa. The Warehouse Leader will oversee the warehousing
processes, transportation and distribution of a wide range of surgical device products and
equipment. This role is responsible for managing Orthokit activities, warehouse and transport
activities within the Bloemfontein facility. Leading and supporting the team with queries and
concerns and driving performance.
Doing Performance Management within the team as and when required. Responsible for
Goal Setting, evaluation and year end performance discussions using the Zimmer Biomet’s
Performance Tools available.
How You Create Impact
- Manage the daily running of the warehouse department to ensure bookings are
completed in a timely manner in order to meet customer needs.
o Loan sets
- Weekly meetings with key stakeholders, meetings documented and findings shared
- Carry out warehousing, distribution and customer service reporting and metrics daily,
- Ensure that freight spend is within budget for distribution.
- Reporting on set turns and overall warehouse performance.
- Ensure all procedures are effectively supplied with instruments and implants in
accordance with established procedures and regulatory policies.
- Ensure SOP’s and training manuals remain current and complete across the
- Manage the warehouse team to ensure the execution of the best practice standards in
- Manage the drivers as well as the route planning
- Ensure all RK kits are complete prior to being despatched
- Manage the sourcing of product from branches to complete RK kits
- Manage a staff compliment of +- 5 staff
- Other related duties, including housekeeping and maintenance.
- This is a 24hour operation and will required strict compliance to operational
requirements to ensure customers are served 24/7/365 in an excellent manner.
- Maintain a disciplined, accountable and harmonious work environment
- Engage in transparent and constructive conversations, contributing to highperformance
- Coach, train and lead a team of people.
- Ensure strict compliance with all Quality & Regulations by working closely with
- Working with the various Supply Chains to align processes and procedures.
- Ensures tight control and accuracy of inventory.
- Ensure that all routine operational issues are resolved to the satisfaction of the
- Lead Performance management reviews.
▪ Ensure good housekeeping at all times
▪ Comply with health and safety standards
▪ Comply with all SOP’s and Works Instructions
▪ Need to work overtime and shifts as and when required
▪ Work nightshift and weekends
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Must have at least 5 – 7 years’ experience in Management
- Tertiary qualification (related discipline), would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in Medical Devices, would be an advantage.
- Strong people management skills
- Certificate in warehousing and distribution, would be an advantage
- Proven experience in supply chain environment
- Proven experience in managing a team
- Experience in loan sets, consignment stock
- Experience working with contaminated materials (desirable)
- Exposure to the medical device industry (desirable)
- Extensive experience with SAP
What Will Make You Successful
- Good understanding of the order fulfilment process in the public and private
- Understanding of the medical device industry and market drivers.
- Good understanding of warehousing and transportation methodologies.
- Strong leadership skills to manage.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and drive continuous improvement.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with numbers
- Pragmatic problem solving skills