CLOSING DATE: 23 NOVEMBER 2023
Job Type Classification
• Legal Compliance• Stock Control• Quality assurance• Resource planning• Stakeholder satisfaction(internal & external customers)
• Senior Management/Management/Country Managers• Customers• Support Teams• Operations• Any other stakeholder as may be deemed important and relevant from time to time.
• Blasting Ticket (mandatory)• Grade 12 (Minimum)• N.Dip / Degree in Mining or Equivalent/Related.
• Ms Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email)• Blasting Assistant Certificate MQA• Competent A Certificate – MQA• Legal Liability 2.9.8 (Ideal)
• 3 years’ demonstrated experienceas Truck Operator or Blaster (including surface mining, blasting, blast reports, seismograph• 2 years’ demonstrated experience in supervising employees• 2 years’ demonstrated experience in responsibility for managing costs.
• Works closely with internal and external customers to assess needs and plan operations accordingly.• Plans and organises the availability to resources, to meet customer’s requests.• Ensures that the assets of the company are protected from theft and damage.• Responsible for the operation rollers, bending press and Guillotine.• Organises, schedules and coordinates building off explosives truck tanks to facilitate the smooth, timeous flow of deliveries.• Administers stocks and continuous stock availability by ensuring that paperwork such as store stock are up to date and reconciled.• Ensures that all administration, documents, storage of information are kept according to BME standards.• Provides inputs into the annual budgeting process in line with the objectives of the department.• Identifies cost saving initiatives (e.g. Managing overtime) while balancing customer requirements.• Ensures that the necessary incident investigations take place.• Ensures that required staff training is up to date.• Ensures that the impact of production processes on environment are understood by staff and appropriately monitored.• Ensures that suitable employees are recruited.• Plans daily/ weekly/ monthly scheduling of work/shift allocations.• Ensures induction for new staff members.• Ensures that all staff are given the required training in accordance with work requirements.
• Ensures that systems, processes, and procedures are in place and managed to ensure timely maintenance is performed on equipmentand vehicles.• Plans, coordinates, and schedules maintenance• Ensures that regular inspections are conducted on Boiler shop equipment.• Implements controls and does inspections to assess correct usage of PPE or equipment and to take the necessary actions.• Implements controls to ensure that maintenance and repair work has been satisfactorily conducted.• Plan and conducts PTO and VFL.• ITC Skills (Ms Packages including Outlook and Excel).• Communicating with internal and external stakeholders and managing relationships on all levels.• Assist in compiling a monthly KPI report and ensuring that the data is accurate and precise.• Managing overtime and budget of the section and account for any changes in relation to cost and decision making.• Be able to motivate and manage a team effectively and efficiently including but not limited to disciplinary, tracking absenteeism, Sickleave trends etc.• Versatility to be able to adjust through a continuously changing environment and the ability to streamline tasks and processes in linewith the company’s policies and procedures.