Will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairs , Perkins and Caterpillar Engines associated with Industrial OEM units and Generators.
Repair of all faults that is identified during a service.
Clean out plant rooms and panels if necessary.
Responsible for collection of parts at the store and compiling of parts for services.
A clear understanding of engine and panel control systems
Musty be able to write accurate and detailed reports for customers.
Responsible to return all Remanufactured and unused parts to the store timeously.
Follow correct disposal process of old oils, filters and parts in workshop.
Assist with breakdowns when required.
Must be presentable to customers at all times.
Will be responsible to drive a forklift and make use of an overhead crane when required in a safe manner.
Maintain a clean and organized workshop and workstation at all times.
Keeping service vehicle clean and tidy at all
Adhere to company policies at all times.
Qualification, Experience and Competencies
• Must be a qualified Electrician or Diesel Mechanic/Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic(Relevant trade)
• Matric (Grade 12).
• Fluent in English (Read, write and speak).
• Computer Literate (MS Office).
• Valid Driver’s license Code 8.
• Must have experience in Diesel Generators and the operation thereof (Caterpillar and Perkins and other
• Must be punctual, trustworthy and be able to work unsupervised.
• Must be willing to work overtime if required as well as underground from time to time.
• Be prepared to travel and willing to sleep out if necessary.
• Gas engine experience would be an advantage.
• Trouble shooting on electrical systems including change overs and power distribution boards.
• High voltage electrician qualification and experience.
Closing Date: NOT SPECIFIED