MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Operate telephone system to answer all incoming calls, screens where necessary and directs callers to appropriate personnel
Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival while making sure that the correct security measures are followed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer all incoming calls within the 1st 3 rings, obtain the purpose of the call and transfer to the relevant department/person.
• Booking of boardrooms and updating calenders. (Including refreshment requirements and/or setup)
• Daily IVR checks across all branches.
• Reporting of any issues picked up on IVR or phone lines.
• Receive, sort and distribute internal mail.
• Screening of management calls/escalations and transfer to the appropriate area/person.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Maintains security by following procedures; ensuring that the visitors register is completed correctly
• Performs other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and collating as and when required.
• Making sure that they adhere to all audit requirements in their area
• Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Minimum of 12 months experience as a Receptionist
• Proficient in working on computers using MS Applications.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers.
• Respond professionally using the correct call or email etiquette when engaging with customers or internal persons.
• Ability to handle irate customers professionally
• Proficient in the English language and preferably one of the other 11 languages would be an added advantage.
Computer Literacy Level
• Basic knowledge experience in MS Excel, MS Outlook, Cisco or relevant telephony systems
Any admin related qualifications an advantage
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
CLOSING DATE: NOT SPECIFIED