Job Req ID
29 January 2024
Purpose of Job
To execute, coordinate, align the investigation and risk functions in support of the Security Strategy and ensure the implementation / execution thereof.
Identify and access internal and external risks, maintain investigation standards and procedures and ensure the effective use of manpower, technology and resources.
Analyse crime statistics, determine trends and implement counter measures.
Ensure the successful adjudication of internal and external investigations.
Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
• Ensure compliance to Security, Safety legislation and Sasol standards
• Execute, test and ensure compliance to Security protection and contingency plans daily
• Maintain and measure the effectiveness of security and safety risk control measure / systems
• Ensure operational personnel compliance to site procedures and legal requirements.
• Optimal utilization of resources, effective cost management and control
• Implement and execute cost saving measures
• Manage the Security Services and ensure a high-performance culture and service delivery
• Ensure the performance of operational personnel complies with performance agreements
• Control of daily, weekly and monthly operational security activities
• Communicate updated policies and procedures to relevant parties
• Controls and ensures the effective and utilization of security infrastructure, systems and resources
• Control specific crime prevention actions by interpreting trends and modus operandi used in the committing of crime
• Plan and verify deployment of security personnel according to scope of work and protection plans
• Execute Security reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Innovation and continuous improvement to ensure alignment with Security industry best practices and the utilization of technology
• Continuously improve the preparedness and response capabilities of the operational team
• Ensure competency to PSIRA and other scheduled security training
• Manage customer interface relations and build partnerships
• Maintain good working relationships with Management and members of Other Departments to ensure awareness and transfer of information on security risks and crime prevention initiatives
• Address customer complaints and queries at point of contact
• Ensure Security Emergency response and mitigation activities are performed in accordance with SLC’s by coordinating emergency response actions
University Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 4+ relevant years
Behavioural (BC) |Technical (TC) |Leadership (LC)
TC_Operational and Safety Factors
BC_Plans and Aligns
TC_Safety Management Techniques
TC_SHE Policies, Procedures and Standards
TC_Managing Safety Systems